The foundation of Delhaven Community Center’s growth is the VOLUNTEER. Since 1972, over 4700 individuals have brought to the agency a wealth of knowledge and commitment towards “Building a Better Tomorrow” for all our participants.
There are many opportunities at Delhaven Community Center including:
- Donating money needed to keep our program costs low so ALL people can participate.
- Sponsor a child or a program.
- Penny Fund Drive
- Ongoing Community Fund Drive
- Serving as a leader in Fun Village, an after school recreation program for elementary age youngsters-assisting them with homework, crafts, games, and a large variety of activities.
- Volunteering in our Day Care Facilities working with mentally challenged adults.
- Assisting in our Work Days or throughout the year by painting and doing various repairs needed to keep our facility in top shape.
- Donating new toys and food items for our Christmas Give Away Program.
- Volunteering to help with special events such as our Halloween Party or Dinner Fashion Show.
- Helping at our Rummage Sales.
- Assisting at our Alberto Castillo Car Wash to raise funds for our Scholarship Program.
- Donating food items for our Emergency Food Pantry, program supplies for our various programs.
Volunteering is more than just assisting in a physical way to keep our programs going-it is an opportunity to give back to the community, and just as importantly, the rewards you, the volunteer receives is the knowledge that you have been a part of helping our children grow and become contributing members of our community.